Making Coloured Sugar Dust
1/2 cup castor sugar
Food colour (liquid)
– Place half a cup of fine castor sugar in a resealable plastic bag.
– Add a few drops of liquid food colouring of the desired colour.
– Seal the bag and use fingertips to rub the colour evenly throughout the sugar.
– Add more drops for a richer colour but not too much as the sugar may dissolve.
– Leave the bag open to dry out a little (about an hour should do).
– Reseal the bag and again using the fingertips massage out any lumps that may have formed.
– Store in the sealed bag or add to jars for a colourful collection of ready made Colour Sugar Dust.
Tip: Use larger grain sugar for Coloured Sugar Crystals.